And with this we officially kick off the previously announced greentext event. May god have mercy on our souls.
- Roughly 3 days time to hand in your submission. End will be around monday night, US time, to be specified in the sidebar with a countdown timer later.
- Submissions do not have to be anonymous, but please make sure they are publicly available at the end of the event. An excellent way to write greentext and hand in submissions is via pastebin.com, you can open an account for free there and make sure to put the greentext as “unlisted” so it will not appear beforehand, then switch to public once the event is over.
- If you are not familiar with greentext format, I recommend having a look at the following examples:
Or simply look for greentext on google.
- The theme of this event is Monty Pythons Quest for the Holy Grail. It does not have to be a direct spin on what is happening in the movie, but it should at least be in the same setting. For those of you that were unfortunate enough in their lives to have never witnessed proper british humor, the whole movie is actually available on Youtube:
Please watch the movie and familiarize yourself with it.
- Of course there should be monstergirls in there.
- Profanity is a clear fuck yes.
- There is no limit on the length, but I absolutely do not require a full novel written. A good greentext can be a single page and it can be memorable.
- All entries will be judged over the next week and the winners announced the next weekend. Judging is going to be done by multiple judges but it will be purely subjective, so simply give it your best shot.
- First place will win an up to 10 euros Steam purchase, second and third respectively will be eligible for a 5 euro Steam purchase each.
- Submissions may be entered via direct message in Discord to me (SnowDrakE) or if you cannot use Discord for any reason, use the Contact page to leave your entry, make sure to use a working email and a link to your story. If I cannot get in touch with an author after recieving the submission, you may get excluded from the winning prizes. I strongly recommend using Discord.
Godspeed you beautiful bastards.